Visual Studio Team Services
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, after you activate your subscriber benefits with your Microsoft account. You can then add a work account to your subscription on the My Account page. That way, you can use this work account with your subscriber benefits in VSTS and Microsoft Azure, if your subscription includes these benefits. You get the same level of benefits whether you use a work account or a Microsoft account. Find out how to add a work account to your MSDN subscription.
You can find downloads for these tools here:
- Visual Studio: Visual Studio downloads
- Eclipse: eclipse.org downloads
- TFS MSSCCI Provider: via Visual Studio Gallery
- Team Explorer Everywhere (TFS Plug-in for Eclipse): via Visual Studio downloads
In addition, you can use any Git client to access Team Projects with Git repositories, including:
- Visual Studio 2015
- Eclipse with the EGit extension
- Xcode (using Xcode’s built-in support for Git repositories)
Currently, we do not have support for continuous deployment to Azure using an on-premises build controller, so if you are trying to setup continuous deployment to Azure, you will need to use a hosted build controller.