Visual Studio 2015 FAQ
How can we help?
The installation hangs when trying to install a KB update
The installation hangs when trying to install a KB update.
Stop the Visual Studio Installer then check that Windows is up-to-date. Also confirm that any installed antivirus is properly disabled.
For Windows 7, 8 or 8.1:
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates or view Update History for the last update.
For Windows 10:
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates or view Update history.
If you experience issues when trying to update Windows, do the following.
- Download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Select Open when the browser prompt appears.
- Click Next. The troubleshooter will scan your computer and fix any errors that it detects.
If you are still unable to update Windows after running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, do the following:
- Contact Windows Support to get assistance with your issue.
- Click Get Started, and enter the details of the issue you are facing.