Visual Studio 2015 FAQ
How can we help?
The installation hangs when trying to install a KB update
SymptomThe installation hangs when trying to install a KB update.
ResolutionStop the Visual Studio Installer then check that Windows is up-to-date. Also confirm that any installed antivirus is properly disabled.For Windows 7, 8 or 8.1:
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates or view Update History for the last update.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates or view Update history.
- Download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Select Open when the browser prompt appears.
- Click Next. The troubleshooter will scan your computer and fix any errors that it detects.
- Contact Windows Support to get assistance with your issue.
- Click Get Started, and enter the details of the issue you are facing.