Visual Studio 2015 FAQ
How can we help?
I received the error “This version of Visual Studio requires the April 2014 update to Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 known as KB 2919355.”
SymptomYou receive the error "This version of Visual Studio requires the April 2014 update to Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 known as KB2919355."
ResolutionCheck to make sure that Windows is completely up to date.
- Open Control Panel
- Click on System and Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Windows Update and Check for Updates
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click Next.
- The troubleshooter will scan your computer and fix any errors that it detects.
- Contact Windows Support to get assistance with your issue.
- Click on Get Started
- Enter the details of the issue you are having
If your machine is up to date and you find that the KB was still not installed. Please download it independently from the Download Center.