Microsoft Supplemental Software License Terms for Microsoft Visual Studio 14 Product Family Pre-Release Software
In addition to the terms set forth in Section 1 of the Microsoft Visual Studio 14 Product Family Pre-Release Software License Terms, you may also install and use the software in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines. Additional Microsoft Azure charges and license terms may apply.
BY EXCERCISING THIS ADDITIONAL INSTALLATION GRANT FOR THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT EXERCISE THIS ADDITIONAL GRANT.
MICROSOFT PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 14 PRODUCT FAMILY PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the pre-release software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
· Internet-based services, and
· support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, USING SOME FEATURES ALSO OPERATES AS YOUR CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN STANDARD COMPUTER INFORMATION FOR INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
· You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices solely for evaluation purposes to design, develop and test your programs for use with the software.
· You may not deploy or distribute any program you design or develop with the software, except that you may deploy your programs internally solely to evaluate any deployment technologies contained in the software.
· You may not test the software in a live operating environment or public website unless Microsoft permits you to do so under another agreement.
2. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS FOR FEATURES MADE AVAILABLE WITH THE SOFTWARE:
a. Separation of Components. The components of the software are licensed as a single unit. You may not separate the components and install them on different devices except as otherwise stated in this agreement.
b. Font Components. While the software is running, you may use its fonts to display and print content. You may only
· embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions in the fonts; and
· temporarily download them to a printer or other output device to help print content.
c. Included Microsoft Programs. These license terms apply to all Microsoft programs included with the software, except as otherwise noted in Section 7 and 8 of this agreement or in the ThirdPartyNotices file accompanying the software.
d. Third Party Programs and Notices. Other third party code included in the software is licensed to you by Microsoft under this license agreement, rather than licensed to you by any third party under some other license terms. Notices, if any, for this third party code are included with the software may be found in the ThirdPartyNotices.txt file, linked here : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=398014 ,and/or in the software documentation, the disclaimer of warranty and limitation on and exclusion of remedies and damages provisions of this agreement shall apply to all software in this distribution.
e. Bing Maps. The software may include features that retrieve content such as maps, images and other data through the Bing Maps (or successor branded) application programming interface (the “Bing Maps API”) to create reports displaying data on top of maps, aerial and hybrid imagery. If these features are included, you may use these features to create and view dynamic or static documents only in conjunction with and through methods and means of access integrated in the software. You may not otherwise copy, store, archive, or create a database of the entity information including business names, addresses and geocodes available through the Bing Maps API You may not use the Bing Maps API to provide sensor based guidance/routing, nor use any Road Traffic Data or Bird’s Eye Imagery (or associated metadata) even if available through the Bing Maps API for any purpose. Your use of the Bing Maps API and associated content is also subject to the additional terms and conditions at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=21969.
f. Additional Mapping APIs. The software may include application programming interfaces that provide maps and other related mapping features and services that are not provided by Bing (the “Additional Mapping APIs”). These Additional Mapping APIs are subject to additional terms and conditions and may require payment of fees to Microsoft and/or third party providers based on the use or volume of use of such Additional Mapping APIs. These terms and conditions will be provided when you obtain any necessary license keys to use such Additional Mapping APIs or when you review or receive documentation related to the use of such Additional Mapping APIs.
g. Push Notifications. The Microsoft Push Notification Service may not be used to send notifications that are mission critical or otherwise could affect matters of life or death, including without limitation critical notifications related to a medical device or condition. MICROSOFT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE USE OF THE MICROSOFT PUSH NOTIFICATION SERVICE OR DELIVERY OF MICROSOFT PUSH NOTIFICATION SERVICE NOTIFICATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR OTHERWISE GUARANTEED TO OCCUR ON A REAL-TIME BASIS.
h. Windows.Phone.Speech namespace API. Using speech recognition functionality via the Windows.Phone.Speech namespace APIs in a program requires the support of a speech recognition service. The service may require network connectivity at the time of recognition (e.g., when using a predefined grammar). In addition, the service may also collect speech-related data in order to provide and improve the service. The speech-related data may include, for example, information related to grammar size and string phrases in a grammar.
i. Location Framework. The software may contain a location framework component that enables support of location services in programs. In addition to the other limitations in this agreement, you must comply with all applicable local laws and regulations when using the location framework component or the rest of the software.
j. Device ID Access. The software may contain a component that enables programs to access the device ID of the device that is running the program. In addition to the other limitations in this agreement, you must comply with all applicable local laws and regulations when using the device ID access component or the rest of the software.
k. PlayReady Support. The software includes the Windows Phone Emulator, which contains Microsoft’s PlayReady content access technology. Content owners use Microsoft PlayReady content access technology to help protect their intellectual property, including copyrighted content. This software uses PlayReady technology to access PlayReady-protected content and/or Microsoft Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected content. Microsoft may decide to revoke the software’s ability to consume PlayReady-protected content for reasons including but not limited to (i) if a breach or potential breach of PlayReady technology occurs, (ii) proactive robustness enhancement, and (iii) if content owners require the revocation because the software fails to properly enforce restrictions on content usage. Revocation should not affect unprotected content or content protected by other content access technologies. Content owners may require you to upgrade PlayReady to access their content. If you decline an upgrade, you will not be able to access content that requires the upgrade and may not be able to install other operating system updates or upgrades.
a. Consent for Internet-Based Services. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. The software features described below and in the Visual Studio Product Family privacy statement connect to Microsoft or service provider computer systems over the Internet. In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice when they connect. You may switch off these features or not use them. For more information about these features, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=398505 . BY USING THESE FEATURES, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION. Microsoft does not use the information to identify or contact you.
4. TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE. The software will stop running on December 31, 2014. You will not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running.
5. PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. This software is a pre-release version. It may not work the way a final version of the software will. We may change it for the final, commercial version. We also may not release a commercial version.
6. FEEDBACK. If you give feedback about the software to Microsoft, you give to Microsoft, without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You also give to third parties, without charge, any patent rights needed for their products, technologies and services to use or interface with any specific parts of a Microsoft software or service that includes the feedback. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because we include your feedback in them. These rights survive this agreement.
7. MICROSOFT SOFTWARE COMPONENTS LICENSED UNDER THEIR OWN LICENSED TERMS:
· Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Windows Software Development Kit (Windows SDK) and Components of Microsoft Office . The software is accompanied by Microsoft SQL Server software, Microsoft SharePoint software, including SharePoint Windows Identity Foundation Extensions, Windows SDKs and certain components of Microsoft Office software, which are all licensed to you under their own terms. The license terms for these software components are located in the “Licenses” folder of the software installation directory. If you do not agree to the license terms for these software components, you may not use them.
· Microsoft Components Provided for Use with the Software. The software includes compilers, languages, runtimes, environments, and other resources that enable development for many Microsoft platforms. As a convenience to our Visual Studio customers, the software may install certain Microsoft SDKs and other Microsoft components that target and support those platforms. These components may be licensed and supported under their own terms and policies. The license terms for these software components are located in the “Licenses” folder of the software installation directory. If you do not agree to the license terms for these software components, you may not use them.
8. MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK BENCHMARK TESTING. The software includes one or more components of the .NET Framework (“.NET Components”). You may conduct internal benchmark testing of those components. You may disclose the results of any benchmark test of those components, provided that you comply with the conditions set forth at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406. Notwithstanding any other agreement you may have with Microsoft, if you disclose such benchmark test results, Microsoft shall have the right to disclose the results of benchmark tests it conducts of your products that compete with the applicable .NET Component, provided it complies with the same conditions set forth at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406.
9. PACKAGE MANAGER AND THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE INSTALLATION FEATURES. The software includes the following features (each a “Feature”), each of which enables you to obtain software applications or packages through the Internet from other sources: Extension Manager, New Project Dialog, Web Platform Installer, Microsoft NuGet-Based Package Manager, and the package manager feature of Microsoft ASP.NET Web Pages. Those software applications and packages available through the Features are offered and distributed in some cases by third parties and in some cases by Microsoft, but each such application or package is licensed to you under its own terms. Microsoft is not distributing or licensing any of the third-party applications or packages to you, but instead, as a convenience, enables you to use the Features to access or obtain those applications or packages directly from the third-party application or package providers. By using the Features, you acknowledge and agree that:
· you are obtaining the applications or packages from such third parties and under separate license terms applicable to each application or package (including, with respect to the package-manager Features, any terms applicable to software dependencies that may be included in the package).
· Microsoft makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the feed or gallery URL, any feeds or galleries from such URL, the information contained therein, or any software applications or packages referenced in or accessed by you through such feeds or galleries. Microsoft grants you no license rights for third-party software applications or packages that are obtained using the Features.
10. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
· disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval, however, this does not apply to the Microsoft .NET Framework (see Section 8);
· work around any technical limitations in the software;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the software except, and solely to the extent: (i) permitted by applicable law, despite this limitation; or (ii) required to debug changes to any libraries licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License which are included with and linked to by the software;
· remove, minimize, block or modify any logos, trademarks, copyright, digital watermarks, or other notices of Microsoft or its suppliers that are included in the software, including any content made available to you through the software;
· share or otherwise distribute documents, text or images created using the software Data Mapping Services features;
· make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
· publish the software, including any application programming interfaces included in the software, for others to copy;
· use the software in any way that is against the law;
· rent, lease or lend the software; or
· use the software for commercial software hosting services.
11. NOTICE ABOUT THE H.264/AVC VISUAL STANDARD, AND THE VC-1 VIDEO STANDARD. This software may include H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, and/or VC-1 decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC, AND THE VC-1 PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSES FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE STANDARDS (“VIDEO STANDARDS”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC, AND VC-1 VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE SUCH VIDEO. NONE OF THE LICENSES EXTEND TO ANY OTHER PRODUCT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PRODUCT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS SOFTWARE IN A SINGLE ARTICLE. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
For clarification purposes, this notice does not limit or inhibit the use of the software for normal business uses that are personal to that business which do not include (i) redistribution of the software to third parties, or (ii) creation of content with the VIDEO STANDARDS compliant technologies for distribution to third parties.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting .
13. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
15. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
16. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS-IS.” YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FOR AUSTRALIA – YOU HAVE STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS.
18. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to
· anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
· claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, some of the clauses in this agreement are provided below in French.
Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, certaines des clauses dans ce contrat sont fournies ci-dessous en français.
EXONÉRATION DE GARANTIE. Le logiciel visé par une licence est offert « tel quel ». Toute utilisation de ce logiciel est à votre seule risque et péril. Microsoft n’accorde aucune autre garantie expresse. Vous pouvez bénéficier de droits additionnels en vertu du droit local sur la protection des consommateurs, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. La ou elles sont permises par le droit locale, les garanties implicites de qualité marchande, d’adéquation à un usage particulier et d’absence de contrefaçon sont exclues.
LIMITATION DES DOMMAGES-INTÉRÊTS ET EXCLUSION DE RESPONSABILITÉ POUR LES DOMMAGES. Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs uniquement à hauteur de 5,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez prétendre à aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages spéciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de bénéfices.
Cette limitation concerne :
· tout ce qui est relié au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers ; et
· les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d’une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s’applique également, même si Microsoft connaissait ou devrait connaître l’éventualité d’un tel dommage. Si votre pays n’autorise pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit, il se peut que la limitation ou l’exclusion ci-dessus ne s’appliquera pas à votre égard.
EFFET JURIDIQUE. Le présent contrat décrit certains droits juridiques. Vous pourriez avoir d’autres droits prévus par les lois de votre pays. Le présent contrat ne modifie pas les droits que vous confèrent les lois de votre pays si celles-ci ne le permettent pas.