This version of Windows is not supported. If you’re running Windows 7, try installing Service Pack 1
When attempting to install Visual Studio, you receive the message: “This Version of Windows is not supported. If you are running Windows 7, try installing Service Pack 1”.
The minimum operating system requirement for Visual Studio is Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (or higher).
1. Download Service Pack 1 (SP1).
You can download and install SP1 for Windows 7 from Microsoft.com for free.
2. Confirm that SP1 is installed by following these steps:
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Check the Windows edition section: If Service Pack 1 is listed, Windows 7 SP1 is already installed on your computer.
3. Launch the Visual Studio installer again.