Visual Studio 2015 FAQ
How can we help?
How can I get the Visual Studio Installation logs?Some users may want to learn more about their installation by viewing their installation logs. To obtain the installation logs download the Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET Framework Log Collection Tool.
- Click Download
- Select Collect.exe
- Select Next
- Select Save
- Open an Administrative Command Prompt Window
- Navigate to you Downloads Folder
- Find the tool "Collect"
- Right click on it and select "Run as Administrator"
- If a window comes up, click Yes to allow.
- Let the tool run
- tool will begin scanning and you will see text added inside of the Command Prompt Window
- When tool is finished do the following
- Open your File Explorer
- Enter %temp% where you enter the path
- Search for a file called vslogs
- Open vslogs
- Open the Temp folder inside of vslogs
- The Visual Studio installation logs will be located there.